Tuesday 5 December 2006

Standard Chartered Singapore Marathon

Standard Chartered Singapore Marathon : The greatest race on earth

so it says...it is really. well organised. so much better than malaysian marathons..first of all there are dozens and dozens and dozens...did i mention dozens? anyway...dozens and dozens of toilet booths!! everywhere!! they're EVERYWHERE! in malaysia, u can only find 10..or less or none

anyway...there was three categories : Full marathon(42km), half marathon(21km), quater marathon(10km)

so, bcos im only 14 years old, i can only join the 10km bcos the rest requires you to be 17years of age and above!

i ran as hard as i could, thru thick and thin..with my blinking iPod that reli helped! lets see,

- i managed to run the whole thing without stopping(big achievement for me)
- ran 10km under 1 hour! (55mins - its actually quite bad)
- i couldnt stop eating the free bananas (bananas nvr tasted so good after running)
- DRINK CHECKPOINTS are everywhere!! so i was nvr thirsty
- sprinted like a bloody jackass with no tail at the final 100m and then i couldnt feel myself...and then.......i ate more bananas!!
- got a medal!
- i can check my timing at the website bcos of the chip that i had on my shoe to detect my time!
- i haf to improve my time, but its nicer to haf someone else to come and join me :D please? anyone? next year? its only a 5-hour bus ride away:D

so thats it...overall, the 42km were all won by kenyans and africans as usual.. the total of participants for all the categories were : 33,000 people!

post pictures later..

No comments: